This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

infopath to pdf?

May 7, 2013 at 8:51 PM
This is a great concept for archiving! I was curious if you had thought about adding functionality on this to convert .xsn files to pdf for archiving?

Thanks!
BJ
May 7, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Since this leverages the Word Automation Services, it is limited to what the Word Automation Services is able to convert. Here is a list of formats it is able to open as well as save to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee558830(v=office.14).aspx

I'll take a look at what options are available from Microsoft within SharePoint for potentially converting from InfoPath to PDF/XPS.
May 7, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Thanks Trevor! I've found a couple of ways online to where you can download and convert to pdf locally or even through programmatic methods, but I would love to do this within SharePoint to keep from having to load older admin approved templates when converting to newer versions of SharePoint.
May 12, 2013 at 4:58 AM
I looked into this a bit more and I'm not going to include it in the primary package. It looks like it will require InfoPath Form Services references, which would put this package with SharePoint Enterprise only, which I do not want to do. Also, the method of dealing with the InfoPath forms is quite a bit different than files covered by Word Automation Services, natively.

I will look into it as a separate package for this project.
May 13, 2013 at 7:40 AM
This would be one of the most interesting feature. A real difference to other project of this type.